Eliza and her Monsters
- 385 pages 06.04.17 – 06.12.17
- May 30th 2017 4.5 🌟
Eighteen-year-old Eliza Mirk is the anonymous creator of Monstrous Sea, a wildly popular webcomic, but when a new boy at school tempts her to live a life offline, everything she’s worked for begins to crumble.
In the real world, Eliza Mirk is shy, weird, smart, and friendless. Online, Eliza is LadyConstellation, the anonymous creator of a popular webcomic called Monstrous Sea. With millions of followers and fans throughout the world, Eliza’s persona is popular. Eliza can’t imagine enjoying the real world as much as she loves her digital community. Then Wallace Warland transfers to her school, and Eliza begins to wonder if a life offline might be worthwhile. But when Eliza’s secret is accidentally shared with the world, everything she’s built—her story, her relationship with Wallace, and even her sanity—begins to fall apart. With pages from Eliza’s webcomic, as well as screenshots from Eliza’s online forums, this uniquely formatted book will appeal to fans of Noelle Stevenson’s Nimona and Rainbow Rowell’s Fangirl.
“You found me in a constellation.”
“There are monsters in the sea.”
“There is a small monster in my brain that controls my doubt.
The doubt itself is a stupid thing, without sense or feeling, blind and straining at the end of a long chain. The monster though, is smart. It’s always watching, and when I am completely sure of myself, it unchains the doubt and lets it run wild. even when I know it’s coming, I can’t stop it.”
- Loved the first sentence of the book
- Love the conversation Eliza has with her two friends
- Love that there was mention of Final Fantasy and Power Rangers
- I like the location of her her friends
- The Quote’s throughout the book
- Almost every online conversation is hilarious
- I have a huge bond with the main character and her anxiety!
- Questioned a few things about a certain person
- Secrets!!!!, Truths & Tattoo’s OH MY!
- Different living spaces
- Had some bad feelings about certain situations
- Felt like she was mean at some points with certain family members
- Got upset with the main character a few times!!
- Also upset with the second main character
- What if’s?
- I wanted to cry a one point, cause i new what she was thinking
I buddy read this book with A Court Of Books And Love
Thanks for reading my review.
Let me know if you like this set up or not?