New World Rising
- 350 pages 06.22.17 – 07.10.17
- January 5th 2016 5.0 🌟
Worlds collide in debut author Jennifer Wilson’s graphic dystopian series where Divergent meets Mad Max.
Since witnessing her parents’ murders at the age of eleven, Phoenix’s only purpose in life has been to uphold her mother’s dying words – to be strong and survive. But surviving outside of The Walls – outside of The Sanctuary – is more like a drawn-out death sentence. A cruel and ruthless city, Tartarus is run by the Tribes whose motto is simple, “Join or die.”
Refusing to join and determined to live, Phoenix fights to survive in this savage world. But who can she trust, when no one can be trusted? Not even herself…
The first of a trilogy, New World Rising is an epic tale of survival, instinct, trauma, and the extraordinary power of human connection.
“Savage and raw, Jennifer Wilson pulls no punches in this blood tingling dystopian.” Kimberly Derting, award-winning author of The Pledge Trilogy
“If we keep punishing people for what their parents or their ancestors have done, the world as a whole can never move forward. Society will never grow.”
“In all of my adventures, nothing ever smelled quite like an old book.”
“There is no good or evil here, it all depends on what side you’re standing. Nor is it about wrong or right, it’s about surviving.” Triven”
- Love the Map, in the beginning
- Like the description of the people ( Tribes )
- Tribe idea is awesome
- Obstacles she had to go though was great to envision
- There’s a Library YAY!!!!
- Love her Idea’s on friends
- Who made the noise???
- Was panicking, she almost got caught!
- Have a bad feeling
- Intense feeling
- Have an idea where she is ( idea was wrong lol )
- Reminds me of Divergent
- Porters nice
- Wonder if Arden will be a friend
- I would hate to repeat myself!
- Maddox needs to die!!!
- Love the guessing name game
- Sad for the little girl
- Triven is awesome
- Loved the rear – end joke
- HATE Arstid
- What Arden????
- She told Triven
- Know how Phoenix feels most the time
- Awe they kissed
- Oh found out who made that noise
- Awe his heart was stolen before they met
- HA! Go Triven!
- Had a feeling Triven new him
- He says her real name and i just melt
- Love how he can calm her down
- Oh No! Mouse
- Um Willets
- Arden No!
- Woah Maddox saved her/them
- Suspicious about Maddox
- What Brant or Bawson Uh! idiot
- Shivered ( literally ) when nails were scraping metal
- What Maddox ( kinda like him now )
- Hope they are safe
P.S. Triven is my new book boyfriend, seriously he is awesome and reminds me so much of my own husband.
Connect with me!