Hello! It is back!!! I mean you knew it was coming right? if not that is okay cause this post is telling you all about what Readathin is and the challenge we have perpared for you all, plus all the socials. Hope you plan to join us.
We are super excited to share this month’s bingo board with you all, we really thought hard about what we wanted to have and we feel we have accomplished just that.
Enjoy this months content and have a blast!
🍃What is Readathin?
Well good question, Readathin is a readathon that Amanda from A Court Of Books And Love started a few years ago actually back in 2017 and now she thoughtfully has added myself to help run it.
Readathin is a month long readathon that is held in February, May, August, and November every year.
The goal for Readathin is to “thin” out your TBRs.
While you can read any books you have on your TBR, the main purpose of the readathon is to read books from your physical TBR (or eTBR since we all know those can get out of hand as well).
- Based on your Zodiac sign > We wanted to make it a bit more fun for everyone. Find your Zodiac sign put into Google or Youtube “Book Recommendations Based on Your Zodiac Sign” and find a book that you already own!
- Read in the morning > Simply read when you start your morning. When you wake up, make breakfast or have your first cup of tea or coffee and sit down with your book.
- Book by indeginous author > Find an indeginous author that is already on your shelves.
- Read inside a blanket fort > We totally needed a fun prompt and I think this one tops it. Make yourself, partner and/or kids a blanket fort and get some reading done once you have made it. (does not have to be for a whole book)
- Favorite genre > Another simple one, read your favorite genre!
- Based on August gemstone – Peridot >We wanted to have one based on a colour and so why not have it as August Gemstone which is Peridot…. more less any Green on the cover will do.
- Want to read before the end of summer > What is a book you want to read before summer is done? gone with the autumn breeze, disappears for months? you get my drift.
- Read 4 books > General read at least 4 books!
- Self care day > Take care of yourself with a self care day. Yoga, Bath, T.v., Walk, Sleep anything you think is self care to you do it.
- Out of your comfort zone > Read a book that is totally out of your comfort zone whether in genre, topic, or formatting.
- Donate books > We decided one how nice it would be to give back, to free up some space for let’s say more books? but also for the books you read and tend to not care so much when the month is over. Donate your books to friends, family, bookstores, any other place that will take them. If you want to challenge yourself, roll a dice and donate that number of books!
- Time of day in title > This one is mainly for the Booksandlala’s Buzzword Reading Challenge as for August is it for Time of day in the title.
- Read for 30 mins a day > You don’t have to read 30 mins for 31 days but if you could get some days with 30 mins in then that would be perfect.
- Yearly challenge > Any year long challenge you are doing, get some done!!! Focus on a book for one of the challenges or even one of your non-reading yearly goals.
- Tome (over 450 pages) > Read a book over 450 pages,
- Share your TBR > Share your TBR on twitter, instagram, discord, facebook groups…. just remember #readathinaug21
- Been on your tbr for a long time > Really, we need this. The book that has been on your TBR the longest.
- Start a new t.v. show > Upon reading we also like t.v., so get watching some new shows.
- Finish a series > Series… okay we always need to finish one so let’s do it.
- Read an ebook > You don’t just have physical books so let’s read our ebook’s too.
🍃Social Media Links